What is an Energy Star Product?The federal government imposes minimum efficiency standards on most products that use energy to operate. Energy Star labels, which are blue with a white star on them, are placed on products that represent the most energy efficient models in that class. These products save energy, reduce energy costs and help reduce air pollution. All products with the label meet or exceed standards set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. The Energy Star will also show up on qualifying appliances and equipment on the bright yellow EnergyGuide labels which help consumers compare different models when buying new equipment.
Is it Time to Upgrade Your A/C Equipment?If your air conditioning system is more than 10 years old, or not cooling as well as it used to, it may be time to upgrade your equipment. A general checklist to help evaluate your equipment:
- Some rooms stay too hot or too cold
- Your house is always dusty
- Your A/C needs constant repairs
- Your cooling bills are going up
Benefits of Energy Star Equipment
- It is at least 8 percent more energy efficient than standard A/C equipment.
- Air is evenly cooled throughout the house.
- Units are much quieter due to variable speed fans, better insulation and improved compressors.