To avoid large plumbing issues, often it just takes a little work on your end to keep your systems in tip-top shape. Read on for some common plumbing issues and how you can fix them at home.
1. Dripping Faucet - a common problem that can really escalate the cost of your water bill. Often the drip is caused by an old washer. Try replacing that to see if the leaks stop.
2. Low Water Pressure - surely one of the most annoying plumbing issues. Low water can be caused by calcium build up over time. A quick solution to this is to rinse your faucets with vinegar. To do this affix a plastic bag filled with vinegar over the faucet head overnight.
3. Running Toilet - a toilet that is constantly running can be a nuisance. Often the issue is the flapper does not close all the way. There are simple toilet repair kits for this.
4. Leaky Pipes - usually a sign of a bigger issue, but can sometimes be a quick fix. Start by checking and tightening the joints. If this doesn't solve the problem, please call a professional.
5. Clogged Drains - often an easy fix for a homeowner. Take out your trusty plunger or drain cleaner and this will generally clear up.
If any of these issues persist or you do not feel comfortable with the repair, always call a professional like Gilman to help you out. Regular maintenance checks, like ones with our comfort plan, are a great way to get ahead of bigger issues to save time, money and hassle in the long run.