As the temperatures drop, the heating bill goes up. While you want to stay warm this winter, you don't want to waste money. Here are a few tips on how to lower your heating costs:
1. Seal all cracks and open-air areas where heat could leak out. Keep that heat where it belongs - inside!
2. Open curtains and blinds to let the sun warm your home.
3. Dress warmly, even when inside. Socks, sweatshirts, sweaters can all help you reduce your heating costs.
4. When your home is occupied, the ideal heat setting is 68 to 72 degrees. However, at night or when no one is home, you can reduce that to 58 degrees.
5. Always have a professional come do an HVAC check-up. With just a quick tune-up your bill could be lower.