The cool weather has arrived in Richmond! While you may not be using your heat yet, that time is just around the corner. Be sure that your system is ready with this tips from the G-Man.
1. Replace filters. Air filters should be replaced at least every 3 months. Dirty air filters cause your HVAC system to work harder, resulting in lower efficiency and higher energy bills.
2. Listen up. When you turn your HVAC unit on listen for any unusual sounds, like banging and rattling. These sounds can be signs of a problem with your heating system.
3. Clean up. Vaccum and clear any debris that may have accumulated around your HVAC system. You should also vacuum any debris from your furnace blower compartment.
4. Clear air vents. Remove anything blocking air vents. Furniture, toys, and other clutter can block air vents which makes your HVAC system work harder and not as efficiently.
5. Schedule a check. Now is the time for your fall maintenance check. Regular check-ups save you time, energy, and money in the long run. Our Comfort Plan is a great way to ensure you get the best service each time.
Enjoy the fall season without the worry of your heating system.