While plumbing issues can often be quickly repaired by you, the homeowner, sometimes the job is simply too big. You can certainly DIY small issues, but when should you throw in the towel and call a professional? Here are 5 signs it's time to call a plumber:
1. You have no water. Having no water at all is a major issue. You could have a massive leak, blocked up pipes, frozen pipes, you can't know until a professional plumber comes out to take a look. Call immediately!
2. You have zero hot water. While not quite as bad as no water at all, having no hot water is still a major issue. It's common to run out of hot water after a few family members take showers, but if it runs out after a very short period of time, you have a problem. A professional plumber can help narrow down the cause and let you know what needs to be done to fix it.
3. You have low water pressure. Low water pressure can be the result of numerous problems, like cracked or broken pipes. It is best to have a professional check this out for you.
4. Your home smells. Plumbing issues can cause your home to smell like sewage. Again, this could be blocked up pipes. Walk around your property to see if there is anything immediate you can spot. It's important to call a plumber whenever your home has a bad odor like this.
5. Your drains won't drain. If water is sitting in your tub or sinks, there is likely a clogged pipe somewhere in your home. This is not something the average homeowner can fix. Call a plumber to come out and see where the clog starts so they can determine the best course of action to fix your problem.
For any plumbing problems, we are here for you. The Gilman Plumbing Professionals will always treat you and your home with the respect you deserve. Learn more about our plumbing services here.