June is National Homeowner's Month. It's a time to celebrate your current home or your future home. For those shopping for a new home, we want to share some tips on what to look for with your HVAC and plumbing.
1. Test all your faucets and sinks. Turn on all faucets to check the water pressure and to be sure the water drains quickly.
2. Flush all of the toilets and check the tank.
3. Check for leaks. Look around the faucets, at the base of the sinks, and around the base of the toilets.
4. Inspect your water heater. Verify the age of the heater (most last about 15 years), check for leaks, listen for any strange noises, and look for any corrosion or rust.
1. Run the system while you are looking at the house.
2. Listen for any strange noises like clanging or hissing.
3. Look for damages. Check the unit for water stains, cracks, dents, rust, etc.
4. Inspect the ductwork. Look for cracks, loose connections, and signs of condensation.
Purchasing a home is both exciting and scary. You want to be sure you are investing in the right property. If you need a maintenance check on either a plumbing or HVAC system, schedule an appointment with us today. We would be happy to assist you!