July 3rd through August 15th we celebrate "Air Conditioning Appreciation Days." Willis Carrier invented the air conditioner back in 1902 and we have been grateful ever since. Not only is it nice to cool down our homes, offices, and other places we visit, but it also has other benefits you may not realize.
Health Benefits of Air Conditioning:
- AC can help reduce the possibility of asthma attacks because it reduces the amount of pollen and other allergens in the air.
- Air conditioning also reduces the risk of heatstroke which can be fatal.
- Having a cool home can help you sleep better which is better for your long term health.
- It reduces the risk of dehydration because you aren't sweating.
- AC provides you with a cool place to exercise which is, again, important for your long term health.
Additional Benefits of Air Conditioning:
- Air conditioning can reduce pests. This is especially important for your furry family members.
- Your AC helps keep all of your electronics cooler, which will help prevent overheating.
- It can help with your productivity and to stay alert. This is more important now with more people working from home.
We may all take our air conditioners for granted sometimes, but these benefits can certainly help us appreciate our AC units a little bit more in the future!