We wait all year for summer. We think fondly of the pool, popsicles and trips to the beach. We tend to forget that summer comes with humidity and high energy costs. From running the air conditioner to driving to vacation, your costs can really add up.
Here are a few ways we can help you save some dough this season (at least on HVAC):
If you do need purchase a system we have you covered! In celebration of our 100th birthday, we are offering an awesome deal for our customers - 10 year financing, 10 year warranty and 10 year comfort plan. Check out Centennial Sale here.
We hope you have a rockin' summer in RVA! Don't forget to enter our 100 degrees contest - every time it hits 100 degrees in Richmond, you could win $100!
Winter may have held on longer than we wanted in Richmond, VA, but spring is finally here! Spring means sunshine, flowers and a need to turn on your air conditioning. Today the G-Man wants to tell you why it is so important to have a maintenance check for your AC this year.
If left unchecked, your system can lose 5% efficiency each year. Call the G-Men at Gilman today to schedule your spring maintenance check!
During the month of February we can't help but think of love - love for your pipes that is. With the fluctuation in temperatures in Richmond this winter it is important to pay close attention to your pipes. The G-Man wants to share some quick ways to show your pipes some love:
1. Schedule in preventive maintenance. We tend to only pay attention to pipe clogs after they become a big problem and we never have drain cleaner on hand. Schedule in time every month to show your pipes love. Use two cups of drain cleaner per drain and follow the instructions on the bottle. Once you get in a regular habit of this, not only will your pipes be healthier, but you also won't have such a stressful time when a big clog occurs.
2. Insulate exposed pipes. While we are experiencing a mild winter, that can change at any moment. Take advantage of the warm weather and insulate any exposed pipes around your home. Take a trip to your local hardware store and get some insulation. There are various types you can purchase depending on the pipes you want to cover. Consult with the specialist at the store. Take an hour or so this weekend and cover all your exposed pipes. You will have peace of mind during the next cold snap!
3. Assess the health of your pipes. No matter how much we care for our pipes, they are bound to age. It is important to keep a checklist, mental or documented, of the health of the pipes throughout your home. This is easiest with the pipes you can see. It is more challenging to know the health of those that are in the walls or under the house. Scheduling a plumber to come out to do a check up once a year will save you time and money in the long run.
We hope these tips are helpful. In the event of an emergency with your plumbing the G-Men at Gilman are here for you and your family!
Richmond has notoriously crazy weather. We can go from snow to 60 degrees in one day. That fluctuation can make it difficult to plan. Regardless of the temperature outside right now, we know cold weather can be right around the corner.
Here are 7 tips to keep you ready for winter weather:
We hope you and your family stay safe and warm this winter. Give the G-Men at Gilman a call for all your heating and plumbing problems!
This holiday we want you be safe and have fun with your family. Here are a few safety tips to have the best possible holiday from the G-Man:
1. Make sure your string lights are safe. Be sure the cord is not frayed, the bulbs aren't cracked or broken and the connector is in tact.
2. Always turn lights off when you leave the house. From the Christmas tree to lights in the window, make sure they are all off before you head out to your holiday parties!
3. Keep your tree green! Make sure to keep your tree healthy and fresh by watering it on a regular basis (or buy a fake one and never worry). Dry trees are more likely to catch fire.
4. When hanging lights make sure you are being safe. Use a regulation ladder or step stool to give you the extra height you need.
5. Be sure your furnace is clean and running well. Have one of our certified techs come do an inspection to make sure you and your family are safe as the temperatures dip.
6. When going out at night to neighborhood parties, caroling, etc. be sure to be well lit and visible to cars.