We all love our 4th of July cookouts, barbeques and fireworks, but those things can come with an element of danger. Don't worry, the G-Man is here to give you some quick tips on how to stay safe while having fun this holiday weekend!
1. Keep children away from grills and open flame, they get curious and just want to touch things
2. If you are hosting a cookout, make sure you have insect repellent for your guests
3. Make sure an adult is the one handling any fireworks
4. Make sure that adult is not intoxicated. Alcohol and combustables do not mix
5. Keep a bucket of water handy for fireworks, sparklers and anything else you may need to distinguish quickly
We hope you have a fantastic holiday weekend and of course, if you need us, call. We will have our team on call to assist with hvac and plumbing needs.
We've all been there, hair clogs the tub drain, too much TP in the toilet, etc. These are all normal plumbing issues that most homeowners can manage on their own. From a simple leaky faucet, to a clogged drain, you, as a homeowner, are certainly equiped to handle those plumbing issues. However, sometimes those problems escalate:
1. Your toilet is constantly clogged. This isn't your random, used too much TP and you had to break out the plunger, this is constant. That usually indicates a deep clog in your drains that a professional plumber will need to look at.
2. The sink or tub just won't drain. You've pulled out the hair, used drano, and still you get a backup. Not only is this an annoyance, but also a safety hazard for children and pets. Again, this could indicate a deeper clog than you can reach on your own. Time to call the plumber!
3. Something is leaking. Call the plumber immediately, any prolonged moisture can damage floors, ceilings and other foundational structures in your home. Call someone to come out and look at this ASAP, the longer you wait, the more damage can be caused.
Are you experiencing any of these problems? Give us a call today!
By now, many of us have given in and turned on our AC (if only to turn it off the past few days because of this cold front). Did you think to check or clean your filter? If not, your AC may not be running as efficiently as possible. Here are a few tips on how to clean your filter:
We hope this helps! If you need further assistance, we are offering AC checkups, just give us a call at 804-277-4241 or schedule an appointment online.
We want to thank our awesome Gilman customer's for snapping some selfies in the month of April! You all received a FREE residential comfort plan for a year.
To say thank you to our customers, we are offering a Spot the G-Man contest!The rules are simple: For every person that “Spots the G-Man,” likes our Facebook page and uploads a photo to our Facebook page with our tech or the truck they will get a One Year Residential Comfort Plan (to include 1 residential maintenance inspection) for FREE and be entered to win a $50 gift card to the restaurant of their choice! It couldn't be easier. The G-Man exemplifies the fast response, extraordinary customer service and invaluable expertise you will find at Gilman Heating, Cooling & Plumbing. G-Man represents the pride we take in our work. He knows what people expect of him and he follows through with what he says. He does his best not for recognition, but to help the person right in front of him. That is why our technicians servicing the Richmond area do what they do – to help you and your family achieve home comfort without any hassle. Our business philosophy is “We must be willing to do what others won’t, in order to achieve what others don’t.”
So get out there and Spot the G-Man around town and experience the G-Man service!