Did you know that cooling your home accounts for 15% of all home energy usage? While that may seem like a lot, think about the work it has to do cooling your home top to bottom! No other appliance has to work that hard (well, beside your heating system, but that's for another season).
So what is the most effective use of that 15%? A couple window units throughout the home, or a central air system?
There are pluses and minuses to both:
Whichever you have, don't forget Gilman can service it for you. And if you decide you are ready for an upgrade, we can take care of that too!
It gets hot in Richmond during the summer. Here are a few tips and tricks to make sure your AC is running at full capacity:
If your AC is just not cutting it this summer, let one of our certified technicians come out to look at your system today. We can look and see if you need a new unit and you could be on your way to cooler days tomorrow! Schedule your appointment online, or give us a call and talk to one of our customer service reps 804-977-2593.
We all love our 4th of July cookouts, barbeques and fireworks, but those things can come with an element of danger. Don't worry, the G-Man is here to give you some quick tips on how to stay safe while having fun this holiday weekend!
1. Keep children away from grills and open flame, they get curious and just want to touch things
2. If you are hosting a cookout, make sure you have insect repellent for your guests
3. Make sure an adult is the one handling any fireworks
4. Make sure that adult is not intoxicated. Alcohol and combustables do not mix
5. Keep a bucket of water handy for fireworks, sparklers and anything else you may need to distinguish quickly
We hope you have a fantastic holiday weekend and of course, if you need us, call. We will have our team on call to assist with hvac and plumbing needs.
We've all been there, hair clogs the tub drain, too much TP in the toilet, etc. These are all normal plumbing issues that most homeowners can manage on their own. From a simple leaky faucet, to a clogged drain, you, as a homeowner, are certainly equiped to handle those plumbing issues. However, sometimes those problems escalate:
1. Your toilet is constantly clogged. This isn't your random, used too much TP and you had to break out the plunger, this is constant. That usually indicates a deep clog in your drains that a professional plumber will need to look at.
2. The sink or tub just won't drain. You've pulled out the hair, used drano, and still you get a backup. Not only is this an annoyance, but also a safety hazard for children and pets. Again, this could indicate a deeper clog than you can reach on your own. Time to call the plumber!
3. Something is leaking. Call the plumber immediately, any prolonged moisture can damage floors, ceilings and other foundational structures in your home. Call someone to come out and look at this ASAP, the longer you wait, the more damage can be caused.
Are you experiencing any of these problems? Give us a call today!
By now, many of us have given in and turned on our AC (if only to turn it off the past few days because of this cold front). Did you think to check or clean your filter? If not, your AC may not be running as efficiently as possible. Here are a few tips on how to clean your filter:
We hope this helps! If you need further assistance, we are offering AC checkups, just give us a call at 804-277-4241 or schedule an appointment online.