Click here to schedule
Spring has sprung and so have allergens…
Did you know? Air pollution inside your home is often worse than the air outside of it?
With allergy season is upon us, it’s important to make sure your air filtration system is working properly. If you’re an allergy sufferer, one thing you can do to ease the sneezes is changing your air filters. Just like your body, goodness starts from within. If you’re not breathing good air inside your home, it can make allergies even worse. It’s important to change your air filters frequently, especially during allergy season. Changing your filter helps reduce dust mites, pet hair, pollutants, smoke, and spores inside your home.
Below are a few steps you can take to make sure your intake of air is always great!
While plumbing issues can often be quickly repaired by you, the homeowner, sometimes the job is simply too big. You can certainly DIY small issues, but when should you throw in the towel and call a professional? Here are 5 signs it's time to call a plumber:
1. You have no water. Having no water at all is a major issue. You could have a massive leak, blocked up pipes, frozen pipes, you can't know until a professional plumber comes out to take a look. Call immediately!
2. You have zero hot water. While not quite as bad as no water at all, having no hot water is still a major issue. It's common to run out of hot water after a few family members take showers, but if it runs out after a very short period of time, you have a problem. A professional plumber can help narrow down the cause and let you know what needs to be done to fix it.
3. You have low water pressure. Low water pressure can be the result of numerous problems, like cracked or broken pipes. It is best to have a professional check this out for you.
4. Your home smells. Plumbing issues can cause your home to smell like sewage. Again, this could be blocked up pipes. Walk around your property to see if there is anything immediate you can spot. It's important to call a plumber whenever your home has a bad odor like this.
5. Your drains won't drain. If water is sitting in your tub or sinks, there is likely a clogged pipe somewhere in your home. This is not something the average homeowner can fix. Call a plumber to come out and see where the clog starts so they can determine the best course of action to fix your problem.
For any plumbing problems, we are here for you. The Gilman Plumbing Professionals will always treat you and your home with the respect you deserve. Learn more about our plumbing services here.
In the world we live in today, we buy a lot of expensive things to keep ourselves comfortable. One of the costliest items is a new HVAC system. When homeowners make the decision to purchase a new HVAC system for their home, they want it to remain in the best working condition for as long as possible. Often, they are faced with a choice of a warranty or maintenance plan to go along with their new HVAC system. Both are key to preserving the life and efficiency of an HVAC! While there are some key differences between a warranty and a maintenance plan, it is important to note that most warranties are invalid or voided without a maintenance plan in place. Keep that in mind if you’re trying to save costs and skip the maintenance plan!
At Gilman, we have several options available for HVAC maintenance through our Gilman Comfort Plans. We also offer warranty options for your new HVAC system.
What’s the Difference Between an HVAC Warranty and HVAC Maintenance?
A warranty is a guarantee given to the homeowner by the HVAC manufacturer or contractor that promises to repair or replace defective parts. Some warranties may also offer labor to repair or replace these defective parts. What a warranty does not provide is a guarantee of same-day repair. It also will not cover the expenses of repair that go above and beyond your warranty coverage.
A maintenance plan is a service provided to protect an HVAC system and to foresee any potential product failures. Unlike a warranty, an HVAC maintenance plan can offer you faster response times and save costs by fixing potential issues before they become expensive issues. Most warranties require a maintenance plan in order for the warranty to stay valid. If a system has not been properly maintained, some manufacturers will deny claims for repair work.
Benefits of a Gilman Comfort Plan
At Gilman, we help homeowners prolong the life of their HVAC systems through our comprehensive maintenance plans. Our experienced technicians will inspect your HVAC system from top to bottom to make sure everything is running properly. The result is an efficient, well-tuned system that keeps more money in your pocket. It also helps to ensure that the system was properly taken care of should you need to file a warranty claim with the manufacturer.
Quality HVAC Maintenance
Nobody stands behind their work like Gilman. If you’re interested in purchasing a maintenance plan for your existing HVAC system or if you are looking at purchasing a new HVAC system check out our centennial sale for options on warranty, maintenance plans or both, give the G-man a call!
While the weather was all over in Richmond this winter, we did have a few very cold days that dipped below the 20-degree mark. In total, we were able to give away 5 gift cards to our 20-degree winners this winter. The cold might be burdensome to our region, but we try to make it a little bit better with this giveaway. We hope you had fun. Congratulations to our winners.
Check back for the next contest soon!
You know that routine maintenance for your HVAC system is important, but do you know what your technician should be inspecting?
Here are a few things our technicians are looking for: