We all love our 4th of July cookouts, barbeques and fireworks, but those things can come with an element of danger. Don't worry, the G-Man is here to give you some quick tips on how to stay safe while having fun this holiday weekend!
1. Keep children away from grills and open flame, they get curious and just want to touch things
2. If you are hosting a cookout, make sure you have insect repellent for your guests
3. Make sure an adult is the one handling any fireworks
4. Make sure that adult is not intoxicated. Alcohol and combustibles do not mix
5. Keep a bucket of water handy for fireworks, sparklers and anything else you may need to distinguish quickly
We hope you have a fantastic holiday weekend and of course, if you need us, call. We will have our team on call to assist with HVAC and plumbing needs.
We've all been there, hair clogs the tub drain, too much TP in the toilet, etc. These are all normal plumbing issues that most homeowners can manage on their own. From a simple leaky faucet, to a clogged drain, you, as a homeowner, are certainly equipped to handle those plumbing issues. However, sometimes those problems escalate:
1. Your toilet is constantly clogged. This isn't your random, used too much TP and you had to break out the plunger, this is constant. That usually indicates a deep clog in your drains that a professional plumber will need to look at.
2. The sink or tub just won't drain. You've pulled out the hair, used Drano, and still, you get a backup. Not only is this an annoyance, but also a safety hazard for children and pets. Again, this could indicate a deeper clog than you can reach on your own. Time to call the plumber!
3. Something is leaking. Call the plumber immediately, any prolonged moisture can damage floors, ceilings and other foundational structures in your home. Call someone to come out and look at this ASAP, the longer you wait, the more damage can be caused.
Are you experiencing any of these problems? Give us a call today!
By now, many of us have given in and turned on our air conditioning (if only to turn it off the past few days because of this cold front). Did you think to check or clean your filter? If not, your air conditioning may not be running as efficiently as possible. Here are a few tips on how to clean your filter:
We hope this helps! If you need further assistance, we are offering air conditioning checkups, just give us a call at 804-798-0455 or schedule an appointment online.
We want to thank our awesome Gilman customer's for snapping some selfies in the month of April! You all received a FREE residential comfort plan for a year.
Happy Earth Day RVA! Earth day started in 1970 as a way to get a few more trees in the world, now it represents so much more, recycling, renewable energy and more!At Gilman, we are all about energy conservation and awareness. Did you know we have technology that can heat and cool your home using energy from the earth's core? It's called Geothermal Technology! The geothermal heat pump unit is connected to the earth through a series of durable polyethylene pipes. The most common configurations are either open-loop or closed-loop design. The closed-loop system has become the most popular since it uses a proprietary antifreeze solution that is continuously circulated through the piping network. As a completely self-contained system, the chances of leakage or system failure are very low. This system is not only energy-efficient, but it also saves you a ton of money, has low repair needs and is extremely safe for your home. If you are looking for a new system, or are simply interested in learning how your home can become more energy-efficient, give us a call! To learn more about the geothermal system, visit the Geothermal Services page.