With more families spending time at home during the virus, it can take a toll on your plumbing system. Here are a few basic plumbing tips for homeowners:
1. Constantly running toilets are annoying and costly. This issue is usually caused by a flapper that has gone bad. The flapper is a rubber part inside the back of the toilet that can often be found at the hardware store for under $10 and it only takes about ten minutes to replace.
2. One of the most common plumbing problems is a leaky faucet. These can also be caused by the wearing of an aerator, but could also indicate the need for replacement of a washer, rubber seal, or an o ring. These are all products that can be found at the hardware store and easily replaced.
3. In case of a pipe burst, learn where the water main is located and how it shuts off.
4. In case you don't have draino on hand, you can try a natural solution of 1/2 cup each of vinegar and baking soda. Mix it and pour it slowly into the drain to see if that helps move it.
5. If your toilet seat is loose, it is usually a quick fix. There are bolts on the underside of the seat that can loosen over time. Tighten those and you should be good to go.
Our plumbing team is operating and here for you in case of emergencies!