While most of our services benefit the interior of your home, we still think the exterior landscape is very important! In honor of Lawn and Garden Month, we have pulled together five tips on how to have an easy, but nice looking yard this spring:
- Water your lawn in the morning. The sunlight will help dry out your grass (in a good way) throughout the day. Nighttime watering can leave your ground soaking and cause problems for your lawn. Mid Afternoon, high-heat watering can scorch your grass. Water your lawn while you have breakfast and you will be all set for the day!
- Water less days, for longer. The water needs to seep into the roots of your plants and grass, not just coat the exterior. We recommend about 45 minutes (in the mornings).
- Plant easy things like pansies, kale, etc. that can tolerate the cold so you don't have to worry about the late frost.
- Know your frost date! The frost date this year for Richmond is April 20. After that, all plants should be okay and you can plant whatever you like without worry. We recommend picking up some already blooming plants from your local store to save you the hassle (and wait time).
- Our last tip is less about the care and more about you. Get out and enjoy your outdoors. Whether you have a full blooming garden, a simple patch of grass or store bought flowers in vase, spring is beautiful here in RVA, so make sure you take advantage.
Find out more about Lawn and Garden Month here.