Brrrr it's getting cold in Richmond! As we crank the heat in our homes it is important to keep a few safety tips in mind:
1. Keep flammable objects away from heat sources like fireplaces, radiators, furnaces, etc.
2. Teach children about heat safety. Give them a 3-foot rule for the fire, oven and anything else that can burn them.
3. Do not use your oven to heat your home. As tempting as that may be when the power goes out, it is extremely dangerous.
4. Turn off space heaters when you are not in the room.
5. Test your smoke alarms to be sure they work.
6. Finally, make sure to have a professional check all heating equipment.
Give the Gilman professionals a call if you need your heating system serviced.